Dear friends of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan,
Over the past two years, our organization has grown immensely thanks to your kind support and assistance with our events and membership opportunities. Our tiny all-volunteer Board of Directors and committee members are working hard, but in the past few months, it has become apparent that we have more volunteer opportunities available.
If you are someone with excellent communication and administrative skills who would like to spend some time learning about how our organization operates and you’d like to gain some valuable experience from a well recognized organization in Taiwan, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a summer administrative intern to assist our Managing Director and our Membership Committee.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Taiwan and Canada, and who has some time to give to our organization.
**This individual would ideally be fluent in Chinese and English, and can commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week.
During the month of June, volunteer hours will be higher as our entire organization moves into full swing in preparation for Celebration Canada on June 30, 2018.
Here is a list of duties and responsibilities that our new intern would be helping us to handle:
- Identify and research on potential members and make follow up contacts
- Assist on member recruitment and keep potential member record
- Welcome members by sending out welcome email and the CCCT welcome package
- Handle membership enquires coming through on Facebook
- Monthly Board Meeting and Annual General Meeting preparation (Assist with set up and organization)
- Assist with set up and organization of events and help to coordinate with hotel and restaurant contacts regarding venue set up
- Responsible for sending out event notices via Mailchimp – This is a skill we can teach you.
- Update Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan website for events when needed – This is a skill we can teach you. If you have a basic understanding of WordPress, that is a bonus. If not, we will teach you how to use it.
- Event on-site coordination
- Send out timely event notices to members and friends
- Assist with Celebration Canada preparation and coordination as our Managing Director’s assistant.
- Email correspondence: Assist our Managing Director in answering basic emails that are created from our canned response system.
- Help with trips to the post office and trips to the bank to check the Chamber bank book.
- Ensure timely update of the CCCT website and Facebook account. Keep the CCCT Facebook page up-to-date with tips about Taiwan or things happening between Taiwan and Canada.
- Share Corporate Member posts and news updates to our Facebook page
This is a terrific opportunity to get involved with a community organization while gaining some valuable skills while working along side other outstanding members of our volunteer organization.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter indicating why you are interested in being an intern for the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan to firstname.lastname@example.org.